Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas Time Is Here. (well, sort of, close enough)

The completion of Thanksgiving only meant the beginning of Christmas! Our fabulous father let us use his pre-lit Christmas tree (probably so he could get a new one). A trip to Big!Lots, some ornaments, a few candy canes and a box of bows later, we had our Christmas Tree.


Being the crafty adventurous, down-for-anything sister that she is, Lo decided to take a stab at making chocolate covered peppermint preztels. She was on chocolate duty.




And she put me to work hammering peppermint candies.



We made a delicious mess.

Aly told me I could not fully appreciate the joy of the holidays without a trip to DisneyLand. Having never experienced decorated Disney at Christmastime, I became a little kid in a candy shop, wide eyes of amaziment. (Yeah, I know. I am pretty cool.)

We watched Sleeping Beauty's castle light up as the park "snowed." Lots of lights. LOTS of lights. It was amazing. Once again. Little Kid--> Me.


Tell me you are not amazed. I dare you. Tell me.

We ended our evening at California.




"Hey, Megan. You could take a picture by the, uh... there is no "m" in California."





Being the creative genius that I am, I made a "m" (sort of... okay maybe not) out of the "n." We also took pictures by the "A" for the Amazingness that we are, and the "C" for Crazy Cool Christmas Fun. ("Too bad "fun" doesn't start with "C").






Since most of the roommates are surfing, broomsticking, horse drawn carriaging, or pogo sticking our ways home soon, we celebrated Christmas tonight.
Christmas at 2236 would not be complete without silly gifts, stockings, personalized cds, funny pictures (maybe you can see them some other time), twilight references, and a 90's dance party. Yep. You heard right. What better way to celebrate the season of giving than with boy bands as the background soundtrack in your life?

I received some pretty sweet Star Wars trading cards. (I know you all are probably jealous, but I'm sorry, I don't see myself trading them anytime soon.)


Lauren got a lovely "Pretty Kitty" calandar. (let's just say she didn't harvest the same enthusiasm as I had toward the trading cards...mostly because the cats in it looked like demons...)



Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Lizzy said...

Aaw! Disneyland! And those Star Wars trading cards are pretty beast.

Lizzy said...

Meg and lo! I have given you an award!
Lizzy